Thursday, August 24, 2006

Recycling Bananas into Muffins

I had two bananas that were getting ripe. I don't believe in throwing out food. I do believe in recycling. I took a banana muffin recipe that I've used before and liked. I tried to modify it a bit today and cut the original recipe in half. I tasted them with a cup a cold milk. For my breakfast, I set aside the bowl of cereal and enjoyed some muffins and turkey bacon.

Linda's Banana Muffins

3/4 cup wheat flour
1 tablespoon wheat germ
3/4 cup unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup applesauce and 1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 bananas, mashed leaves some pieces for texture

Sift all dry ingredients together into a bowl. Combine all liquids and mashed bananas togethers, don't overmix. Mix dry and banana mixture together. Place use paper muffin holders and place in muffin tins. Use ice cream dipper to pour mixture into each individual muffin holder. Will make six to eight muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees. Cool on rack.

No comments: